Monday, November 30, 2009

Trauma and Insanity

Yes, perhaps a little dramatic for a title, but let me explain.
On Saturday my son complained that his tooth hurt. So I had a quick look and to my horror it looked awful! There was literally a hole in it, so I could only assume a filling had come out. I've had this happen before so I knew it could be painful. First thing this morning we called the dentist to get him in. At 2:15 he went in, at 2:35 I had a call saying he had an infected tooth and they couldn't save the tooth, it would have to be pulled :( Shortly later, Lar called and I could hear Eamon in the background crying for me. He was literally hysterical! Poor kid, it took 4 times the regular dosage of Novocain and he was still in terrible pain. The only way to settle him for the 30 minute drive home was for me to sing him a lullaby that I sang to him when he was a baby.

My day was pretty hectic all around, and for some reason my ipod alarm didn't go off (I think I had turned the volume off.... doh! such a love hate relationship) so I didn't get in my a.m. workout. How about lunchtime? Nope, had to run a noon hour workshop... are you kidding me?!?!?! Sigh.

But on the training note, we met with our coach on Friday morning. How exciting. He's only giving us the 1st week of training, because we go for our fitness testing next week. Then after the "honeymoon" stage we'll be getting our training plans monthly, but will be meeting up for coached swimming sessions. Did I mention he's a fabulous swimmer?!?!?! I believe he was 2nd out of the water for Ironman Canada 2009. Just a bit intimidating. But ego aside, it can't hurt to get some help in the pool. Tomorrow is a swim day, by ourselves and then again Friday morning nice and early at 6:30.

So life with the kids is busy, pre-school snack day tomorrow, Eamon's 8th bday party on Friday (taking the boys to the climbing wall), and ballet recital next week, plus Christmas bake sale to get ready for. I'm also doing a few last minute contract projects (yes yes I do extra work on top of my full time job?!?!?! tsk tsk), and all the other things in life are keeping me on my toes.
Wish I could just train, it'd be hard but simple :)

No comments: