Monday, November 9, 2009

Where to begin?

I see my last post was a long long time ago.
Have I given up on Triathlon? Have I completely dropped off the face of the earth?
Nope, but wow I've been busy since my last post, including 3 races :)

Recently I've taken up listening to podcasts during my travel to work (1 hour daily commute) and for work (various trips about)! They're great! I've really taken to "The Age Grouper" and "Erin337" and through this I can definitely see the value in keeping a "log" of how things are going with the training. Plus it's just down right entertaining and inspiring!

Recently, I contacted a local triathlete, an Ironman and owner of a local run shop. I had recently received my "Triathlon Training Diary" by Joe Friel, and am not really certain how to go about setting myself up for next season. He's graciously agreed to help (yipee!!!!!) and has even suggested getting some testing done (such as VO2 max etc.).

As for my training, to be honest it's been a bit "slow". Seems I've been fighting some kind of cold, and my energy level has been pretty low, and I spent most of last week traveling for work (Saskatoon, Calgary and Fort McMurray). That means, during the last 3 weeks I've only fit in 2 swims. I'm going to get in a run today, and I feel motivated and excited to do it!

I'm going to try and "back date" a few posts so I can have a personal record of my 3 races this past season. Will see how that goes!!!

No comments: