Monday, November 23, 2009

On the road again....

Tomorrow I head out of town for a few days, should be fun though as I get to travel with a co-worker, that also happens to be my training partner. Coincidence? I think not :) Wondering how much training chat we can squeeze into the first 2 hours of our drive tomorrow! And also plan to get some Christmas shopping in.

For the first time in a long while, I managed to drag my butt out of bed this a.m. for an early morning workout! I know it's important to cross train, so I did my own mini circuit workout with skipping rope, pushups, crunches, lunges, squats etc. I'll pay for it later no doubt. By lunch time I was starving, but otherwise my energy level has been really good! So great to get it done and out of the way! And such a beautiful day today, hard to believe it is late November!

So for the rest of this week . . . should be able to get in a swim tomorrow, as for Wed/Thurs. hard to say, although both hotels have exercise facilities, but maybe a run on Wed. or Thurs.
Friday, meeting with Shawn to start training planning :)
Have I selected my races?!?!?! Yup.
May 2010: Splash Pedal Gasp
June 13, 2010: Wasa Lake Tri [open water]
July 2010: Swam the Dam (Magrath Tri)[open water]
August 2010: Lake Chaparral (Calgary)[open water]

Sept or October, 1/2 marathon, haven't yet selected.

I've also called to schedule the fitness testing, just waiting to hear back. I hope I don't throw up, Lar keeps mentioning how the pro hockey players are just puking their guts out after their V02max testing!!!

No comments: