Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cleaning House

Confession. I paid to have my house cleaned.
How is it that I can take something as wonderful as coming home to a nicely cleaned house (that I didn't have to do), and feel guilty about it??? The inner monologue was something like "I suck, I can't even do my own house cleaning". So, I was feeling a bit like a failure yesterday and to top it off my run was also crap :( I set out for my long run yesterday and had to cut it shorter because my left hamstring is really tight and sore and it just wasn't "working" itself out. GRRR I hate stopping a workout, even if I know I should. But I did find a cheaper alternative to massage therapy .... having my son walk on my sore hamstring :) He thought it was fun, and I thought it felt great :) I'm also full swing into a cold, so my sinuses are waging war. Sigh. Sniffle. Sniffle.

I've confirmed a meeting time with Shawn to set up my training plan (next Friday) and have the go ahead to set up my fitness testing. Hope my attitude is better by then. Reminds me of lyrics to "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus (yeah a teenie bopper song, but great lyrics). "A little voice inside my head, saying, you'll never make it".

One of my assignments before meeting with Shawn is to decide on some goal races. Should be fun :) Will be traveling for work next week, so I'll have a fair bit of time to plan that out and think it through. Oh, and yesterday I was chatting with two people I know that are going to be doing Calgary Ironman 70.3, it was so exciting! I told them I'd be volunteering so I'd watch for them on the course. I think it's awesome how many people are crazy about triathlons.

Well off to drive home, get supper and get the kids off to their activities...have to admit, it'll be great to go home to a nicely cleaned house :)
Feeling better already ;)

No comments: