Monday, November 16, 2009

The road to hell....

...is paved with good intentions. I thought that would be a fitting title for my blog today. I had planned to get up at 5:50 this a.m. to do a cardio circuit (skipping, pushups etc.). I had my workout clothes all set, my freshly synced iPod, water bottle etc. It's almost funny, because I've joked before that if my kids are going to get sick, it always happens at 4:00 a.m.

No word of a lie, at 3:59 Brynn comes in because she wasn't feeling well (and when I saw the time, I actually laughed). After a short while she went back to bed without incident. I had a hard time going to sleep in the first place (my head wouldn't turn off) I even listened to all of the newest "Milkthecowbaby Triathlon" podcast, and I think by then it was 11:40 p.m. :( Still couldn't sleep! Needless to say, I shut the early alarm off!

I packed my gym bag and plan to do some speed work at the track during lunch. Speaking of that, I just wanted to say how lucky I am. Here at work we have a brilliant athletic facility!!! Huge weight room with lots of cardio equipment, an indoor climbing wall and a 200m indoor track!! Love it. Plus, with a locker and towel service, it's quite convenient. Errr maybe too convenient when the alarm rings so early, although I do prefer to do my workouts in the a.m. as then I have more time, plus it starts the day off great.

Will report back when I'm done .... snack time first.

So I'm back. Great workout, was a bit pressed for time at the end and would have liked to get in more stretching because my left hamstring is bugging me a bit. I did a slow warm up, and it was SO hard, others on the track were trotting quite well, and it took almost all I had in me to not start off running :( Silly competitive nature (s'okay, got to blow past some runners when I was doing my sprints). I did a 5 minute quick walking warm up (sigh), then did a moderate 1km, then I did 200m of super quick sprints (of course a relative term) and then 200m of walk, and I did that 5 times, and then a 1km cool down, followed by some stretching and rolling on a foam roller. I LOVE that thing!!! So hey "Santa" I really really really want one for xmas.
I was thinking I might do a "Dear Santa" blog post, with photos :) hehehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL you listerning to Milk the Cow to get to sleep :)

Jon
(Milk The Cow)