Monday, November 9, 2009

From zero to two

From no posts, to two in one day :)
I was super excited to leave work a bit early so I could hit the road and get in a run. It's been a long time, and wow could I tell. I felt pretty good today, just a slight headache and a lot more energy.
It always amazes me how a short hiatus can come back to haunt you. It was super windy and quite a slog, but I made it through and felt good just knowing I'd actually gone out! Started off rough, as the Garmin decided it wasn't going to work (lost all it's battery charge). So I just headed out on my usual 5 km route. I missed having the constant reminder to maintain pace.

Tomorrow is a swim day at noon, and Stacey's not been feeling too well, so I hope she'll join me. I'm not really following a training schedule right now other than trying to get 2 of each (swim, bike, run) per week and maybe a circuit too. I'm hoping to sit down with Shawn soon and set out a training plan :)

Next season's goals . . . .
4 tri's
1/2 marathon (in the Fall)

Off to put my son to bed! Then a bit of R&R.

No comments: