Sunday, January 29, 2012

Recovery Recovery Recovery

Surprisingly this week went pretty good considering it started off just recovering from a cold and the chilly cold weather! It was also scheduled as a recovery week for training. I still tried to keep my workouts a bit longer than my training plan called for, including adding a circuit to Wednesday's 30 min run! I did walking lunges, squats, kettle ball raises, push ups, tri dips and some skipping (times 3). Wow, was I sore afterward :( For swims I added extra 500 sets going easy at the end, and a bit of extra "easier" spins on the bike. Lately I've been feeling lower energy and really wanted to eat more, which meant more calories to burn (I think it's making me cranky at times).

I was down 2 lbs, not bad since I missed two workouts the week before from being sick and my workouts this week were a bit "lighter". Last night we played some Xbox Kinnect Fruit Ninja... so fun, and my biceps are sore from going crazy on the pomegranates :) Still have not beat Erin's score of 66!
This week's total, 6 workout days (2 swim, 2 bike, 2 run, one circuit, one rousing game of fruit ninja hehehehe).

This week I tried a new recipe for a sweet pea pesto (picture above). It was super tasty, but did upset my tummy a bit, so I'm thinking I must have over done it on the fresh garlic. I used it in a baked salmon sandwich with sweet pea shoots, and roasted coloured carrots.

This coming week I have two work lunches at the pub....eeek going to have to plan it well. Maybe I'll order salad and then have bigger snacks before and after.

This week's goals....
  • I'd like to go for 3 lbs, just to be at nice even number before my road trip :)
  • Therefore, I need to be aware of my intensity while I am working out, especially in the pool.
  • Keep drinking my water everyday (which reminds me I haven't drank any today?!?!?!)
  • Keep going good on planning my food/meals (maybe I should go and get groceries today, afterall!).
  • Getting my sleep, and keeping stress levels down (sigh!)

1 comment:

Mom B said...

Keep up the good work Honey!! You are doing great!