Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ended with a "Bang"

This week ended with a "bang". Not the good kind of bang either. On Thursday I felt a cold coming :( and by about 3 a.m. on Friday morning I knew I wasn't doing my trainer ride. And as it turns out Saturday's run was a no go either!!! So my competitive soul was dampened and I was tempted to squeeze them both in today, but just doing household odds and ends was exhausting me. I'm headed into a recovery week in my training, so I am super duper bummed that I didn't get in those two workouts. But what can you do! My biggest concern was that I'd get comfortable with 3 days off in a row and struggle to get back into the "zone".

This photo shows a pretty balmy day from this week, it was only -26, but most mornings it was -30 with windchills in the mid -40's Yowsa!

But my reward for working so hard with my training and my eating (especially the eating) was that I was down another 4 lbs!!!! The amount of time it took me to type that was about how long it took for me to realize that it is likely that after two great big drops like that, that this week will likely be meager loss. With it being a recovery week too.... gotta say, I love the long hard workouts as it allows me to eat more!! But I am making good choices and not squandering those calories on empty bad things ;)

This week I'll attribute my success to focusing on logging my food on myfooddiary.com. I find I don't eat a bunch of things and then go, uh oh, no more calories left. Usually I know the night before what my next day will be like for my main meals and snacks, and then I know whether I've got room for a skinny latte or a fruit smoothie or not :) Fruit smoothies are my favourite early evening snack. Eamon loves them too, so I usually do up a enough for both of us.
They're simple, a banana, a yogurt, splash of milk and then whole frozen strawberries.

This weekend was fairly quiet, Brynn had a bday party (sledding!!!) on Saturday and Larry and Eamon went into the city today for a movie and to pick up a few groceries while Miss Brynn and I napped :)

Oh, and I might get a chance to help plan the local tri this summer :) How awesome would that be? Does that mean I can't race??

I'm very close to being finished my plan for fundraising for the Ride to Conquer Cancer 2012....just need to find a couple hours of time to put it into action. Not sure it'll happen this week as I'm going to be super busy with work!! And in a few weeks time I'm headed on the road for work, so I'll need to get my training/eating plan ready well in advance for that week! But I'm super excited as I get to visit with some awesome friends in Spruce Grove and I'll also get to stop in Red Deer for a few days ;)

This week's goals
  • stick with the controlled eating
  • not overdo it during training for my recovery week (who me??? never!!!) maybe I could use the extra time to do a bit of strength training/stretching
  • remember to eat my snacks at work and drink my water (love my new water bottle)

No comments: