Friday, January 6, 2012

Phew! I made it.

My first week of training done AND with the holidays over, I returned to work for two whole LONG days days. It's always tough going back after a break, but I survived.

As for the training....well, I survived 2 swims (Monday's swim was the first in over a year!), 2 bikes and 1 run (2nd run is tomorrow).
Basically I am using my training plans from 2010. It is a bit tough because the old plan started at the beginning of December (2009) and I'm starting one month in. As such, I was right back in.... single leg drills, oh how I'd forgotten how evil you are. But truly, today I felt really great! My legs are fatigued, but I feel really good. Physically and mentally!

In addition to my training, I have had three really great "clean" eating days! Yay!
It's been tough, but I have found myself back on myfooddiary logging my food so I know I'm on track and planning too. If I have a plan for the day, and I have it ready to go for the morning, then it is easy for the time when I'm at work. As for at home, it does take extra effort (will power baby....lots of Christmas treats still around!) with lots of salads, and I'm back to drinking my mint tea. Still need to get better about my water drinking.

I still haven't weighed myself, avoiding it until the end of next week (so I can see some improvement). Although it'd be good to have a starting point...I know how I feel and how my clothes fit is the important thing. Plus I have a $100 gift card I'm saving for a special "treat"...

Finally, my sister committed to doing the 2012 Ride to Conquer Cancer with me :) YAY!!!
So the excitment and training begin!!

Best be off to bed, gotta get up for a run tomorrow (my least favourite kind of run...long and slooooowwww, oh yeah heart rate monitor I remember you... and I still don't like you!).

No comments: