Saturday, February 11, 2012

Weak Week

A rough week indeed, I am not in the business of making excuses, so all I'll say is I'm sick AGAIN!

Training was quite decent, and I had it all planned out for my road trip, and if I'd not been sick starting Wednesday night I'd have gone for my swim too! Sigh. Oh... but I did forget to pack my sports bra?!!? Seriously...I remembered my Garmin, charger, heart rate monitor, everything else, so as to not let that sidetrack me I made a quick shopping stop to solve that (and I used a gift card)!

I like to analyze. Did I get sick because I wasn't getting enough sleep (maybe, but before my trip I was well rested). I had terrible sleeps in the hotel because of a non-stop heater fan that I couldn't get to shut off! Earned me a Starbucks card when I politely complained at check out! Did I get sick because I was training too hard and not eating enough? Well clearly the scale disagrees! Insert BIG POUT here (I'm certain it was "accidental" over consumption covered later in this post which caused the scale to not budge). Or could it be the germy magnets I call my sweet children that made me sick? Hard to say, but what I do know is that I have now missed a swim, bike and a run :(

Things I've been obsessing on lately.
Tracking calories in and calories burned. Although I like to not have to cook for myself, I don't like the lack of control!! Meals I ate out in the last week:
  • Thursday & Friday lunch.
  • Saturday dinner.
  • All day Mon/Tues/Wed and most of Thursday.
That's a lot!! And mistakes were made, for example dinner on Wednesday. I thought the portions were fairly small but when I went online later to find out.... 970 calories!!! Are you kidding me?? I was still hungry afterward :( But it is done, so no going back on it.

More obsession... I did my treadmill workout at the hotel, I did my warm up, and then seven 1:30 sprints at 7 mph, then I did an easier run after (totalling 50 minutes). Then I think, maybe that treadmill was easier than mine at home, because although it was hard, it wasn't "BRUTAL".

Using myfooddiary.com I can log my exercise and all of my food. When I make my own food, I measure and weight it, so I'm pretty sure about how many calories I'm putting in. But do I really know how many calories I burned during my swim? Or during my bike ride? So the best I can do is "guess". But that determines how many calories it suggests I eat for the day. There are definitely days where I finish under my daily amount, so then I worry I'm not eating enough and won't lose. So complicated!!!

Went to "The Bike Shop" with my sister on Monday to help her get some gear :) It was fun! We were thinking of going up to Calgary this weekend, but with me being sick...it's a stay home weekend for sure.

I also got to meet up with my good friends in Spruce Grove, we got to go for dinner (the calorically expensive one!) and had a good time chatting. Was very nice indeed, and I was super happy because I think they'll be coming down for visit in a few weeks ;)

This week's goals...
Focus during my workouts. Intensity Intensity Intensity
Good eating, but not deprivation.

No comments: