Saturday, June 12, 2010

Brynn's first Triathlon

OK, so we are at WASA Lake, BC for the Gerricks Wasa Lake Tri 2010!
It is SO beautiful here....
We arrived last night and I was so happy to see that it was quite a lot warmer than at home.
Today couldn't have been a more perfect day... weather was great, and Brynn had so much fun at her race.

They really made the kids feel like the adults, so they got body marked, personalized bib numbers, and REAL timing chips, and swim caps :) The swim was hilarious. The water was a chilly 14.5 Celsius. So some of the kids, mine included, opted to run through the water instead of swimming :) hehehe it was more like an aqua duathlon (water run, bike, run).

As the swim was winding down, one of the volunteers cheered Brynn and told her to run, so she took off super speedy to the transition, was up a hill and through some grassy areas :) Got to T1 where she insisted she needed to wear her biking gloves, which took FOREVER to get on ;) oh well it was pretty cute. So she hopped onto her bike, training wheels and all, and went for 5 rides around the transition area. I have to say it was one of the cutest things I've ever witnessed. There were so many cute little ones just burning around like crazy. During one lap, Brynn decided she needed a drink, but didn't take her bottle off, she just bent over and drank while she rode :)

So fun :)
It was great to cheer on the other kids, everytime we'd cheer they'd go faster and smile!

The run was fun, as I got to go along with her for most of it...she was really hoofing it and got tired out...but she did it and ran the whole thing :)
It was super great that they had Steve King (you can see him in the background of the next photo) doing the announcing, so as she went through the finishers shoot he called out her name :) We were so proud of her, and I'm so glad she enjoyed it. Honestly, I was so wrapped up in the fun and excitement, I didn't bother to look at her time. Will have to check out her splits online later :)

So on the way back after the race she said to her Daddy "Daddy, when I get home I want to start training for next year!".

I'm so glad she got to experience it and I hope she will race again next year... just because it is so fun :)

I'm pretty tired.... and tomorrow's my big day. Gear's all ready to go, kids are in bed. So I think I'll do a bit of foam rolling, and then call it a day!!!

No comments: