Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Seems fitting to take time at the beginning of the year to set goals. I haven't really thought too much about what goals I'd like to have for 2010, other than my racing goals already set out. More of that later.

Christmas was lovely, and I'm finding myself having to "talk" myself out of feeling sad that the holiday is almost over and that I'll be returning to work! It's been great to just relax and take it easy, and do some fun things. Like get the backyard rink finished! Tried it out today, not too bad. A bit bumpy in areas so it could use a few more "floods", but it is SO windy out today. Also did some bowling (I was sore.... crazy!!!).

As for training, I'm happy to report I didn't miss any workouts over the holidays and even managed to get up early on both Christmas Eve and New Years Eve to go to the pool and get back home before I was barely missed. I also was spoiled by "Santa" as I received my new pedals and got my new cycling shoes as well as a fair bit of athletic wear. Will put in a picture later. Also, thanks to erin337 I heard about a online sale at Sugoi, awesome!!! So I'm patiently waiting for my new purchases :) Swim suit, cycling shorts, visor and arm warmers :) All that from the comfort of my home, I love online shopping!!!!
Stacey got all geared up over xmas, new bike (Kona Dew Drop..... very nice indeedy!) a new indoor trainer, a garmin, and a swim lap counter.

There's a 100km trainer ride going on today started by kelownagurl and other folks I've been following on Twitter. I would have liked to join them, had my bike been ready. But, that's a good goal to set for next year. Hope to get my bike fitting in this next week (hope hope hope), my last few rides have been BRUTAL. I've been super uncomfortable, can't quite get the seat angle right, or it could be that my riding shorts are a bit too bulky these days, and I get hurty in parts that should hurt :( Plus using the pedal cages is impossible for doing drills, and also seems like the pressure on my hands is pretty intense, so I'm guessing my handle bars need to be adjusted too! And of course the infamous Garmin bike computer. I love it!!! I really do, if I could just get it to stay in place. The sensor doesn't seem to want to stay put, and the magnet on the pedal shaft doesn't want to stay either :(

Speaking of my bike, couldn't believe it! The other day when I took it in to the shop to get the pedals put on, the helpful fellow filled up my rear tire as it was low ..... BANG!!!!! he wasn't too impressed, as he had to give me a new tube. Then after putting the tire back on he discovered a large rip in my tire (probably half the size of a dime!). That was very surprising. So I needed to get a new tire, but since I'm only going to be using the indoor trainer I purchased a tire that is specific for trainers and won't wear down. It is pretty blue, and now I won't have bits of black rubber everywhere in the basement :) So, in the spring before I head outdoors, I'll need to get another road tire.

I started using my Triathlon training diary, to record my workouts etc., it'll take a bit of getting used to, since I'm so used to just typing things out. Ah, maybe that's a good goal for 2010, to journal my training!

Haven't received my next set of training plans, but they are expected to arrive on Sunday. Tomorrow is a long "SLOW" run, not sure about that. Supposed to keep my HR in the mid 120's!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to be boring...have to download some podcasts! Why so slow??? So confusing.

OK, better run and get the roast in the oven, thought I'd do up a nice garlic roast for dinner, with mashed potatoes and carrots. YUM.

It was so yummy! The colour of the gravy was gorgeous!!! But I do feel sluggish now.

No comments: